How do you compete for a highly competitive keywords?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you compete for a highly competitive keywords?

My website has keywords that are highly competitive. Many of the top 10 spots are taken by major corporations with deep pockets and endless resources when it comes to SEO. How can an average person that knows some SEO techniques compete for these keywords without spending my life savings or waiting years to reach the top ten?

That a good question that I would like to know also so will be awaiting some replies here. Always good to know how to compete with the 'big boys'.

Comment

Personally I believe it's next to impossible to compete against blue chip companies for very high competive small keyword phrases without money, however... what the big companies neglect to research are the longer 3 or 4 keyword phrases known as golden nuggets. Simply because they just don't have the time nor do they believe it's worth their while, but it's easier cheaper and quicker for a small business to research such phrases. Not only that there better convertable because you are getting the better targetted visitor who is not only looking to buy something like what you sell but is loooking for exactly what you sell. that's how you compete.

Comment

If you are in a highly competetive niche then there are tons of lesser keywords within your niche that you should be targeting. They will still have a lot of searches and a lot of times are more targeted. You basically need better keyword research to break in your market.

Comment

Are you positive that you are using all of the correct keywords to start with? It is not always narrowed down to just a handful per niche (and I know many people think this way).
          I took a long vacation but I'm back!

Comment

Originally posted by cranzi View Post
            Are you positive that you are using all of the correct keywords to start with? It is not always narrowed down to just a handful per niche (and I know many people think this way).
            That is correct. For example, if you are running a forum on coffee, you shouldn't just have "coffee" and "starbucks" as your keywords. Put things like "beans", "grinder", "senseo" etc. This will aide your site immensely.

Comment

Working...
            X