Is cloaking good?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is cloaking good?

Cloaking is primarily used as a technique to increase the ranking of a website. It can also be used to trick a user into visiting a site (and downloading the content),cloaking keeps the web page content free of extra code and allows the highly optimised pages to be seen only by the search engines.

You can bet Google will penalise your website when the search bots find out. It's cheating, plain and simple; and it would be unfair to genuine, high-quality websites and blogs to be listed below websites that use cloaking as a cheating method. So it seems natural Google and other search engines will penalise (or even blacklist) your website for website cloaking. I highly recommend you do not use cloaking for Search Engine Optimization purposes.

Comment

Is cloaking good?

Definitely Good!
      With cloaking, one can create two sets of pages: the first for search engine spiders, the second for regular human visitors. This enables retaining the good look and feel of the site for humans, while still being able to show highly optimized pages to the spiders and thus generate nice amounts of traffic from the search engines. Cloaking also prevents humans from seeing what kind of optimization techniques you are using and stealing your optimized pages.

Comment

"Cloaking generally means to present different version of web page contents from of search engines to search robots and human visitors based on their browser's user agent or IP address. It's a deceptive method used to cheat search engines in order to rank well for desired keywords. " - So this is why most pages are ranking even if they don't land on the proper page.

Comment

Cloaking is a black hat technique of SEO. When a website have two different instance for search engines and visitors then it is called cloaking.

Comment

Cloaking is basically a Black Hat SEO technique used to trick search engines into giving the relevant site a higher ranking mostly via false keyword optimization. For this reason, search engines consider cloaking to be a violation of their guidelines, and therefore, they delist sites when deceptive cloaking is reported.

Comment

Hmmm, got to say that 'cloaking' (the name, not the technique) is a new one for me. However I agree. It's not good, will lead to you most likely being blacklisted from most search engines and isn't really playing fair is it? .

Due to all this, by using such a technique, you are likely to achieve exactly the opposite of what you intend .
              David Smith
              Managing Director
              DPS Computing Limited

- Massive update! (September 2011) - It's now not neglected!!
              - New Site (10/2009)

Comment

dear cloaking is not a legal way.
                mostly the search engine identify it and then your site has to face any kind of penality

Comment

And there was me thinking that 'cloaking' was something only the Romulans and Klingons used....... .
                  David Smith
                  Managing Director
                  DPS Computing Limited

- New Site (10/2009)

Comment

My site got hacked years ago and lots of URLs and stuff was injected into my code and Google removed me from the search engine ...

I am just a voluntary moderator here, I do not speak for eUKhost officially!

Comment

NO cloaking is not, it is illegal technique.

Comment

Well I wouldn't go as far to say that it is 'illegal' (unless the EU have passed another piece of ridiculous legislation today!).

However, it most definitely is not a good idea. Would you deceive your customers in real life? Probably not. So you shouldn't do it on the web either.

Play fair, and if you're good enough, you'll rise to the top legitimately!.
                        David Smith
                        Managing Director
                        DPS Computing Limited

- New Site (10/2009)

Comment

Re: Is cloaking good?

No, cloaking is not good for your website, it is a black hat SEO technique. The black hat is an illegal technique, it does not follow rules of search engine so you can get penlized for using these type of techniques. Cloaking uses a different type of contents to fool Google and others.
                          http://www.bestwebhostingplanners.com/

Comment

Cloaking is the process that refers to the practice of presenting the different types of content and URL's to the search engine. It serves the different results based on the search of the user. This will make your site accepted and removed from the Google index. Well cloaking is not good for the website because it is a illegal technique.

Comment

Cloaking technique is good for evil that means this technique is only good for black hat SEO technique. It most influential topic of discussion in SEO industry, if you are good enough for spamming in different search engine techniques then you can be go for cloaking technique.

Comment

Working...
                              X