Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which sources are relevant about SEO?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Which sources are relevant about SEO?

    how do you know about news and developments in SEO?
    What sources are currently browsing? and, in general, what you recommend to see every day?
    More recently began to get involved in SEO, not yet found a convenient, trusted, and a good source. I would like to find something which would have been useful information for beginners and professionals.

  • #2
    Google .
    David Smith
    Managing Director
    DPS Computing Limited

    - Massive update! (September 2011) - It's now not neglected!!
    - New Site (10/2009)

    Comment


    • #3
      how do you know about news and developments in SEO?
      Why you are willing to waste your time to read those imbecile theories? The whole stuff available on the Internet about SEO is just useless. SEO tactics were worthy earlier when users were not so internet savvy, even though that time search engines were not so advanced.

      Today, things changed a lot so just concentrate on your website's marketing and branding and forget search engines actually exists. If your website is attractive and content is strong, then much of the seo takes care of itself.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Irene9001 View Post
        Why you are willing to waste your time to read those imbecile theories? The whole stuff available on the Internet about SEO is just useless. SEO tactics were worthy earlier when users were not so internet savvy, even though that time search engines were not so advanced.

        Today, things changed a lot so just concentrate on your website's marketing and branding and forget search engines actually exists. If your website is attractive and content is strong, then much of the seo takes care of itself.
        I'm not sure I can agree with that really. .... SEO could make or break a company. You can have the best marketing / brand in the world but if no one can find you then your business will likely fail!
        David Smith
        Managing Director
        DPS Computing Limited

        - Massive update! (September 2011) - It's now not neglected!!
        - New Site (10/2009)

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by DPS Computing View Post
          I'm not sure I can agree with that really. .... SEO could make or break a company. You can have the best marketing / brand in the world but if no one can find you then your business will likely fail!
          Of course there is a point what you're saying, but in my opinion if a website is good enough and your marketing and branding is very strong, then why would the people have to use Google to find out your website?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Irene9001 View Post
            Of course there is a point what you're saying, but in my opinion if a website is good enough and your marketing and branding is very strong, then why would the people have to use Google to find out your website?
            I can see a bit more where you are coming from now, but in answer to your question:

            Lets take two companies with argueably good websites and very strong marketing and branding:-

            Tesco and Asda.

            Both are in retail and the same subsection of retail. They are extremely similar.

            Now, say I'm want to shop online and I've been a regular Tesco customer and rarely used Asda.

            I go to Google and search for 'Tesco' but Tesco have (in this theoretical example) decided not to bother with SEO as they are popular, well known and have good marketing and branding. Asda however have bothered with SEO. My search for Tesco doesn't display Tescos online shopping website in the first page..... but Asdas online shopping site is displayed in the top 5 on the first page.

            Rather than search and search for the Tesco result, I decide to go to Asdas online shopping site and do my shopping site there instead.

            Hope my example explains my point clearly . People browsing the web like things to be easy .

            And PS - just to add - the reason that people use search engines such as Google to search for major companies who already have good marketing and branding is that for example say I've never visited Tescos website before - what am I going to type in my browsers address bar? Maybe I should type 'tesco.co.uk' - after all its a company based in the UK. Hold on a sec, maybe they've taken a more global view and gone with 'tesco.com' - maybe I should try that one. Aha, wait a sec - maybe its 'tesco.co'. Or 'tesco.net'. Or 'tesco-stores.co.uk' Or 'tesco-uk.co'. Or 'tesco-uk.com' etc etc. Do you see where I'm coming from? .
            David Smith
            Managing Director
            DPS Computing Limited

            - Massive update! (September 2011) - It's now not neglected!!
            - New Site (10/2009)

            Comment


            • #7
              Oh now I think, eBay and Amazon also need to work on some sort of SEO so they won't loose their potential customers

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Irene9001 View Post
                Oh now I think, eBay and Amazon also need to work on some sort of SEO so they won't loose their potential customers
                Precisely - if one company bothers with it and another similar one doesn't, the one that doesn't is likely to lose out! .
                David Smith
                Managing Director
                DPS Computing Limited

                - Massive update! (September 2011) - It's now not neglected!!
                - New Site (10/2009)

                Comment

                Working...
                X