Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

From a relevancy perspective, do you think Bing is something to take into account?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From a relevancy perspective, do you think Bing is something to take into account?

Bing is becoming increasingly popular (at the very least, it is doing well from a market share perspective), and I do think Bing brings pretty relevant results - Microsoft are innovating a lot with Bing, for example the new "social Bing" which incorporates social aspects to search results and provides integration with Facebook (but not Google+ as far as I know ).

I'm interested to know whether you, as a web developer, also focus on the search engine listings of your site with Bing, and also focus on the importance of being listed well on Bing?

Share your thoughts . I do have to say my site (search for "Personal Tech Blog") is listed pretty high in Bing. But it is indexed faster with Google than Bing. I'd have to check the logs to see how much traffic comes from Bing to my site; obviously more traffic is likely to come from Google, but I wouldn't completely disregard Bing. I am definitely sure a lot of people use it, not just Google.

More people are using bing now, i know i do simply because of googles privacy policy

Comment

Originally posted by triton1 View Post
      More people are using bing now, i know i do simply because of googles privacy policy
      That's why I closed my Google account .

Comment

I've always found if my site does well in google it does well in bing too, so I dont really have to do anything specific.

Comment

I don't have anything particularly against Bing. And from a website point of view it is essential that you consider as broad a range of search engines as possible. However, presently, I still think that it is Google that you should put in a lot of effort into. I would hazard a guess that the vast majority of people still use Google most, and will remain to do so for the foreseeable future.

Personally, I always use Google (OK, nearly always!). After over a decade of using it, its just become second nature now .
          David Smith
          Managing Director
          DPS Computing Limited

- Massive update! (September 2011) - It's now not neglected!!
          - New Site (10/2009)

Comment

Originally posted by DPS Computing View Post
            I don't have anything particularly against Bing. And from a website point of view it is essential that you consider as broad a range of search engines as possible. However, presently, I still think that it is Google that you should put in a lot of effort into. I would hazard a guess that the vast majority of people still use Google most, and will remain to do so for the foreseeable future.

Personally, I always use Google (OK, nearly always!). After over a decade of using it, its just become second nature now .
            Google is +ing this post

Comment

Working...
            X