Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to handle 404 errors of the website?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to handle 404 errors of the website?

Hello everyone,
    I am an SEO expert, working on one hosting project and I am looking for a solution to handle the 404 errors of the website. Can anybody please explain how to handle and fix the 404 errors of the website

First, understand why the 404 errors occur?
    Here are some reasons:
    • Deleted or removed pages
    • Website relaunch or domain transfer
    • URL restructuring
    It may affect your website SEO. The 404 errors can harm your website regarding both usability and the search engine. A high number of 404 error pages on a website will give your user a negative user experience, and they more likely to leave your website and go to your competitor’s website.
    There are several tools available on the internet to find the broken link and 404 pages.
    After finding the pages, it's to fix them. So, for fixing this issue, you need to redirect those pages to live ones or have to create one 404 error landing page.
    These are ways to handle the 404 errors on the website.

Comment

To handle the 404 error of the website, you need to redirect those pages or create new error handling page from your web developer. These type of errors are harmful to your SEO.

Comment

Originally posted by Hallie Russell View Post
        First, understand why the 404 errors occur?
        Here are some reasons:
        • Deleted or removed pages
        • Website relaunch or domain transfer
        • URL restructuring
        It may affect your website SEO. The 404 errors can harm your website regarding both usability and the search engine. A high number of 404 error pages on a website will give your user a negative user experience, and they more likely to leave your website and go to your competitor’s website.
        There are several tools available on the internet to find the broken link and 404 pages.
        After finding the pages, it's to fix them. So, for fixing this issue, you need to redirect those pages to live ones or have to create one 404 error landing page.
        These are ways to handle the 404 errors on the website.
        Thank you Hallie for sharing such wonderful and beneficial information.
        I have also faced a lot of issues of 404 errors. I am looking for some concrete solutions for these types of errors. Yes, redirection is the best and most useful solution for this error. We'll easily navigate our visitor from one page to another without any distraction.

Comment

To handle 404 errors of the website, please follow the below steps:
          • The error 404 may appear if the page does not load properly, so reload the page may fix it.
          • Check the URL; it may be wrong.
          • Go back through the directory levels.
          • Delete the browser cache and cookies.

Comment

Working...
          X