Rich pins good for SEO?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rich pins good for SEO?

Pinterest recently introduced a new kind of Pins called Rich Pins.

These Pins can store data and can be very useful for visitors as they get additional information right from the Pin itself.

The Rich Pins fetch the data when the website owner has inserted Meta Tags on the web page allowing the Pins to display the information that the website owner wants in the Pins such as pricing, availability and ratings etc.

Since the Pin has almost all the information then the viewer would be less likely to visit the website resulting in low traffic.

Furthermore, for having a Rich Pin you need to insert meta tags in the page. Do you think it is good from an SEO perspective to add such tags on the site?

Re: Rich pins good for SEO?

Although the Rich Pins may provide more information to users but I doubt it would affect traffic as users who wish to buy the product would ultimately come to the website only.

And from an SEO perspective how it would affect the rankings is something one has to wait and watch.

Comment

The rich pins are great in terms of highlighting the information about the products / services provided. If you have a good network in Pinterest, then using the rich pins will surely help in improvising on the incoming traffic to your website.

Comment

As of now Pinterest is providing with three types of rich pins – recipe, movie and products. In order to get started, you will have to ensure that the meta tags of your website are perfect in order to utilize the rich pins. The rich pins are perfect for getting more out of the efficient Pinterest platform.

Comment

Originally posted by DanielCzech View Post
          Furthermore, for having a Rich Pin you need to insert meta tags in the page. Do you think it is good from an SEO perspective to add such tags on the site?
          What's the problem with adding meta-tags to a page, Google isn't going to harm you for doing that. It's anyways stopped paying too much value to it, so shouldn't be a problem.

As far as rich pins is concerned I haven't used Pinterest recently, but whatever I presume based on the above conversation, I believe it might be useful as it'd give a better idea of the website that the users are to visit. So, inorder to improve the click through you'd have to carefully select the tags for the webpage which you intend to Pin.
          | |
          Best Paying offered by Eukhost Ltd.

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post
            What's the problem with adding meta-tags to a page, Google isn't going to harm you for doing that. It's anyways stopped paying too much value to it, so shouldn't be a problem.

As far as rich pins is concerned I haven't used Pinterest recently, but whatever I presume based on the above conversation, I believe it might be useful as it'd give a better idea of the website that the users are to visit. So, inorder to improve the click through you'd have to carefully select the tags for the webpage which you intend to Pin.
            You can never be sure with Google. Although what you are saying does make sense. And I suppose if adding the tags is going to get some traffic then it might as well be worth a try.

Comment

Pinterest is good for SEO. It has been more important on Social media and get more traffic to your site.

Comment

The rich pins are specifically beneficial for the eCommerce websites. The eCommerce businesses can include links to the products, pricing information and availability as well. In this way, they can directly drive sales through Pinterest.

Comment

Yes rich pins are really good to enhance the advertising and quality of any product or services. As rich pins is good source of information and it really helps to improve the marketing of product but it may effect the traffic of website.

Comment

Working...
                  X