Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irene9001
    replied
    Re: Facebook Update - Privacy settings has been changed from 'Public' to 'Friends'

The move is pretty similar to Google+, where you can choose with whom you want to share your post. Though, I still don’t understand why social networking users always cry about ‘privacy’. I mean sometimes sharing something with ‘Friends Circle Only’ is equally risky sharing something publicly.

Btw, social media sites like FB born with the concept "connect with people" or you can call friends, but if you have one or two really good friends in your FB, I would call you a lucky chap .

Leave a comment:

• Rock
    replied
    Re: Facebook Update - Privacy settings has been changed from 'Public' to 'Friends'

Originally posted by DataCab View Post
    The Godzilla of Social networking, Facebook has changed its default privacy setting for new users from ‘Public’ to ‘Friends’ on Thursday, in order to stop people unwittingly posting messages that can be seen by anyone on the internet. This becomes necessary because the feedback given by some users who are “more comfortable sharing with a smaller group, like just their friends,” the company said in a statement on its website.

As part of the update, a new user will be asked to choose an audience before they make their first post. If they do not make a choice, the default will be set to ‘Friends’.
    Hopefully this move will serve better in protecting user privacy (& by default)..

Leave a comment:

• Facebook Update - Privacy settings has been changed from 'Public' to 'Friends'

The Godzilla of Social networking, Facebook has changed its default privacy setting for new users from ‘Public’ to ‘Friends’ on Thursday, in order to stop people unwittingly posting messages that can be seen by anyone on the internet. This becomes necessary because the feedback given by some users who are “more comfortable sharing with a smaller group, like just their friends,” the company said in a statement on its website.

As part of the update, a new user will be asked to choose an audience before they make their first post. If they do not make a choice, the default will be set to ‘Friends’.
Working...
X