Website builders

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Website builders

I often hear about website builders as a way of developing a website, but never tried it myself. How does it actually work, and what differs it from CMS like Joomla and Drupal?

You can have a website to start with a website builder but i prefer Joomla for this.

I have build my portal www.istories.gr

Comment

I also wonder about it. I never used a website builder so I cannot compare both website builders and CMS. Is managing content using a website builder is so easy as it is using a CMS?

Comment

The CMS will give you more flexibility than a site builder, with CMS like Joomla and Drupal etc, you'll get lot of modules and useful features. Alternatively you can also try out using wordpress as CMS because it's easy to create a website using WP.

Comment

Wordpress would be a better option to build your site as it is really very simple in comparison to other CMS's available and offers many features, plugins etc. which will help you a lot after the site is developed

Comment

Site builders usually come as additional offer with your website hosting services. If don't know squat about web site building then you can use this service to make some ugly looking web site that can function very well.

Comment

I never used any site builders before but I guess you have to really suck at web design to use any of such services. Anyway, I prefer WordPress and Joomla much more.

Comment

Originally posted by KillerPanel View Post
                I never used any site builders before but I guess you have to really suck at web design to use any of such services. Anyway, I prefer WordPress and Joomla much more.
                You are right. I personally don't know anyone that has ever used those site builders so I don't know how well they are thought out.

Comment

You can use website builders to create your website, however IMO it doesn't gives a finishing look to the website. I would suggest to use Wordpress, you can install a theme of your choice with wordpress as there are lot of themes available for wordpress. You can configure your sidebars and widgets easily from the admin panel and you can also install useful plugins for your website from the admin panel itself.
                  Website Hosting | Cloud Hosting | Dedicated Server Hosting

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas View Post
                    You can use website builders to create your website, however IMO it doesn't gives a finishing look to the website.
                    This also depends on the Sitebuilder you choose as there are some Sitebuilders available which offer excellent features which allow you to start creating your site and finish it completely without the help of any other themes or applications, however, the development skills of the user does make a difference

Comment

Well, using website builder applications you can easily build attractive websites if you are good at writing codes for website customization else use any available CMS like Wordpress, Joomla or Drupal etc...
                      :hammering:

Comment

Well... can someone name a websitebuilder just to satisfy my curiosity ? (except those on Fantastico )

I have build my portal www.istories.gr

Comment

Couple site Builders you asked about

Hi GWilson
                          To answer your question, there is a fairly big difference between Site builders and CMS such as Joomla and Drupal.

Typically with CMS (ex. Joomla) you integrate them to an existing web site, however with Site Builders you basically build your site using the Site Builder itself and it is a all in one solution typically including the ability to fairly easily manage content.

Every day a new Site Builder seems to roll out, but there is a big difference between most of them. For example Builders from Godaddy like WebSite Tonight or even Homestead are more old school, although they allow you to build a site ; they are very cookie cutter and I think most Site owners soon outgrow them. The new class of Site Builders however go beyond that using drag and drop functions and various Widget.
                          I tried a bunch of them weebly and yola included. From my experience, the one I found the easiest to use and flexible where I have control over the themes and all content elements is the Easy WebContent Site Builder.

They also have an HTML Editor worth checking out. It's meant for existing web site owners with HTML sites ; you can connect directly to your web pages and edit the content without integration of any CMS or special plug ins to install. You can do a trial on their site easywebcontent.com and check for your self.

Comment

Joomla is the best way to design a website even fresher also can easily make a website using it.

Comment

Web site builders are applications running in your web hosting. I think CMS are different from it because they consist a lot of automated plugins which lets you customize your site easier.

Comment

Working...
                              X