Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cinguear
    replied
    Style of the text for the link, if for customer experience, or as a reminder type, so the user can see that this is a clickable link

Leave a comment:

• dylandreamer
    replied
    My CSS file has several link styles. It helps to experiment to see if a given link color or having an underline/no underline is more effective with internal linking.

Leave a comment:

• scenario
    replied
    Being able to define different link classes can save your website's design. It can also save you considerable time in having to re-design color schemes in order to make your entire website work for one link color. It's also very useful to have your links underlined within your main text without having to do the same for a column filled with links.

Leave a comment:

• webwanderer
    replied
    I usually stay away from the standard blue hyperlink. To keep things simple, I have what you might call a modified standard blue link that is a bit more neutral but still very blue. Then, I have another main one I use for "reverse print". That takes care of most design dilemmas.

Leave a comment:

• WebbishFaren
    replied
    My sidebars vary a lot in color. I like to mix it up from page to page to keep things interesting. That means using different link colors on various pages. CSS is perfect for this.

Leave a comment:

• SiteSketcher
    replied
    I use at least two link classes for most of my sites. The "link blue" color is good when it's in a paragraph and I want my visitor to know that it's a link without having to underline it. For the site category links in the columns, I like to use a color that complements the rest of the site design.

Leave a comment:

• Addison
    started a topic CSS for a variety of link designs

CSS for a variety of link designs

One of my favorite aspects of CSS is changing link design. What works for a link inside your main text isn't always best for a list of your website's main links in a sidebar.

When links are in the sidebar, most visitors recognize them as links and underlines aren't necessary or visually pleasing. Links inside your main text can be missed by some if they aren't underlined. It's as simple as "text-decoration: underlined" or "text-decoration: none".
Working...
X