Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where and how to get an SSL certificate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where and how to get an SSL certificate?

Hi all,

I'm planning on purchasing a domain or two from either Uniregistry or Gandi and want to get an SSL certificate. After looking at both of those domain registrars, Gandi's SSL seems to have a free option and Uniregistry goes through a third party where you have to pay. I also researched that you could just go through a separate provider to get an SSL.

So I am completely confused and not sure what the best step is. A few places I've looked for information suggested a place called LetsEncrypt.org which has support from big tech companies and is "open source".

I'd prefer to go with a free option, but is that the best?

I appreciate your help!
    Last edited by Ryan; 15-04-2019, 07:22.

you should never opt for free SSL bc they are integrated one's in cpanel. Always buy a SSL no compromise in security.

Comment

A Certificate Authority (CA) is an organization through which you will need to get an SSL certificate. The CA will vet your credentials against the level of encryption you seek. Upon approving your application, they are then responsible for issuing the certificate and associated keys to you.

When it comes to deciding which CA to use, this is what I would suggest:

Look at your web hosting plan. Does it come with an SSL certificate? If it does, review what kind it is. If it offers the level of protection you want, ask your host to activate it. At the end of the day, you need to choose a well-trusted CA that offers the kind of SSL certificate that fits within your budget and matches your businessís goals. If youíre wondering how to get an SSL certificate that fits the bill, Iíd recommend starting with one of these trusted CAs: COMODO, GlobalSign, GoDaddy.

Regards,
      Akshay

Comment

Working...
      X