Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• phpBB OR vBulletin

Hi

I am evaluating forum software and have narrowed it down to phpBB and vBulletin. Just wondering what you guys prefer and so setting this thread as a POLL.

Please Poll
    phpBB
    23.08%
    vBulletin
    76.92%

Re: phpBB OR vBulletin

vBulletin -- at any point of time.
    I am still waiting for them to reduce the license cost

Comment

Hi there,

It will always be a +1 for vBulletin from my side.

Regards,
      Clifield

Comment

If you are willing to spare some $$$ for its license fees, nothing like vBulletin. Go for it
        Wordpress Hosting - Your Adventure, Your Story!
        Website Security Bundle - Great Value Security Solutions in value-for-money package!
        Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

Comment

Thanks for all the votes so far.. Looks like vBulletin votes will keep on increasing ;p

Comment

vBulletin is great and I think it'll keep on continuing vBulletin is more customizable, SEO friendly and its administration panel is super user friendly.

Sales: 0800 862 0380 || Skype: jenniferkent_uk

Comment

It all depends on the features and capabilities you wish to have for your board. If you are fine with paying the license fees then certainly you should consider vBulletin which would be the best option for efficient forum management and customisation.

Well, am just curious to know if there's possibility to purchase a 'used' Vbulletin license?

Comment

Originally posted by KevinW View Post
                It all depends on the features and capabilities you wish to have for your board. If you are fine with paying the license fees then certainly you should consider vBulletin which would be the best option for efficient forum management and customisation.

Well, am just curious to know if there's possibility to purchase a 'used' Vbulletin license?
                You'll find many such used vBulletin license deals online however there's always certain amount of risk involved if you are buying it from someone you don't know. Another aspect which you should consider is how cheap your getting it for, if you do find one.

If it is being sold at a throwaway price, chances are you may also end up with a nulled vBulletin license. My advice would be to steer clear of all this and buy a new license directly through vBulletin.
                Wordpress Hosting - Your Adventure, Your Story!
                Website Security Bundle - Great Value Security Solutions in value-for-money package!

Comment

Originally posted by Emlyn View Post
                  Hi

I am evaluating forum software and have narrowed it down to phpBB and vBulletin. Just wondering what you guys prefer and so setting this thread as a POLL.

Please Poll
                  vBulletin, all the way...
                  Rock _a.k.a._ Jack Daniel

Comment

Although there is nothing wrong with vBulletin I would Vote for PhpBB. Just my personal preference and it is also easy to use with some nice designs.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan View Post
                      You'll find many such used vBulletin license deals online however there's always certain amount of risk involved if you are buying it from someone you don't know. Another aspect which you should consider is how cheap your getting it for, if you do find one.

If it is being sold at a throwaway price, chances are you may also end up with a nulled vBulletin license. My advice would be to steer clear of all this and buy a new license directly through vBulletin.
                      Ryan, many thanks for your advise. I was about to get the 2 copy for vBulletin but have changed my mind now and will rather continue using phpBB for now. Thanks again.

Comment

If your site is Joomla CMS I would go with Kunena for my forums. I have run (and still do) PHPBB3 forums and I find Kunena to be a lot more friendly in the admin and and great to intergrate with Joomla.

To chose between the two you want I would go with PHPBB3, its free and the support forums are fairly good.

I am just a voluntary moderator here, I do not speak for eUKhost officially!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian View Post
                          If your site is Joomla CMS I would go with Kunena for my forums. I have run (and still do) PHPBB3 forums and I find Kunena to be a lot more friendly in the admin and and great to intergrate with Joomla.

To chose between the two you want I would go with PHPBB3, its free and the support forums are fairly good.
                          Nothing can beat the simplicity of phpBB 2. It is a shame it is no longer supported .

Comment

I preferred 2 of 3 also. Have you tried Kunena ? Its pretty simple. The biggest drawback to PHPBB is having to use bridges if you have CMS. It never looks/works perfect.

I am just a voluntary moderator here, I do not speak for eUKhost officially!

Comment

Originally posted by ReeceUK View Post
                              Nothing can beat the simplicity of phpBB 2. It is a shame it is no longer supported .
                              I'm with you. I wish someone had took up the task of continuing development of phpBB 2. The administration interface of phpBB 3 is just complicated. phpBB 2 was overly simple, but for a good reason - anyone could figure out how it worked in a matter of minutes.

Originally posted by Brian View Post
                              I preferred 2 of 3 also. Have you tried Kunena ? Its pretty simple. The biggest drawback to PHPBB is having to use bridges if you have CMS. It never looks/works perfect.
                              I am yet to find anything that comes close to phpBB 2. Kunera is a Joomla component so doesn't count .

On vBulletin, I don't know why people swear by it automatically. If it's commercial forum software you need, even Invision Power Board is better than vBulletin in my opinion. vBulletin has the most terrible and unintuitive administration interface you can imagine. I'm not sure whether there are drastic improvements in version 5, as I have never used that, but version 4 and below I think is terrible.
                              Find us on Twitter and Facebook

Need to contact us?
                              Customer Support: Client Area - 0800 862 0380 (option 2)
                              Customer Relations: [email protected] - 0800 862 0380 (option 3)
                              Sales: [email protected] - 0800 862 0380 (option 1)

The opinions or views expressed above are not necessarily the opinions or views of eUKhost Ltd.

Comment

ban-img
                              Working...
                              X