email web form smtp authorised

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• email web form smtp authorised

okay came back to euk after being let down by another host.

my web form script used to email me with my email address/ or theres, the same script now emails me with the default [email protected] on beghlaf of [email protected]

this isnt so bad in that emails come to me and not to my customers, but if I reply I have given them a start on a way in with the default cpanel user login id.

since this is a server configuration issue, and eukhosts response is get your developer to setup smtp autorisation I am not best pleased. I know its reklated to the way the server is configured as it wasn't needed before the move and been hosting the config for years not days.

for the smtp authorisation I have looked at, theres the client/class to handle it and config with the logon details for the smtp.

but cant get my existing form to accomodate this logon procedure so dont know where to start and it looks over complicated considering I didnt need to do this before, and I do now.

Can anyone give me a way round this, or some simple instructions on what I need to get this to work.

Re: email web form smtp authorised

Originally posted by madwayne View Post

my web form script used to email me with my email address/ or theres, the same script now emails me with the default [email protected] on beghlaf of [email protected]

this isnt so bad in that emails come to me and not to my customers, but if I reply I have given them a start on a way in with the default cpanel user login id.

since this is a server configuration issue, and eukhosts response is get your developer to setup smtp autorisation I am not best pleased. I know its reklated to the way the server is configured as it wasn't needed before the move and been hosting the config for years not days.

for the smtp authorisation I have looked at, theres the client/class to handle it and config with the logon details for the smtp.

but cant get my existing form to accomodate this logon procedure so dont know where to start and it looks over complicated considering I didnt need to do this before, and I do now.

Can anyone give me a way round this, or some simple instructions on what I need to get this to work.
    Hi Wayne,

If you can provide me the domain name in question, we can check this further. Also, if you can provide us a ticket ID, it'd help us understand the ongoing issue & will definitely help us in investigating & mitigating quickly..
    Rock _a.k.a._ Jack Daniel

Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

Comment

this isn't so bad in that emails come to me and not to my customers, but if I reply I have given them a start on a way in with the default cpanel user login id.
      Hi Wayne.

We regret to hear about the emails and SMTP configuration issue, but as you are advised to use smtp authentication instead of setting the same environment as your old host, you can be sure that its only in favor of the email security and sender's best practices.

You said that your email script used to send mails with your specified email address details and the same script now emails from the default config as [email protected]. Have you made any changes in your email script after moving to us or was the server config changed as per your request ?

If the issue is because of PHP mail () function being disabled then you would just notice sending issue and not sender/server address header difference. [email protected] is the default address from which the sendmail binary and PHP mail () function sends the emails for any specific hosting account if SMTP Auth is not used. However the header information depends on the email server config and behavior of the mail functions is affected by settings in php.ini file.

Not sure what is the exact case as there is no chat or ticket reference, but if you provide us access to your server or PM the account details then we will check this and shall assist you further.
      Regards,
      Kieran A.
      Cloud Administrator

Comment

I was told to use smtp authentication so the emails would be sent from my email address rather than from the server.

but being having a play withthe smtp authentication and not got anything working,its a shame that I need to attempt modification of the script just to get it working as it used to , secureiam.co.uk is the domain.

Comment

Hi Wayne,

I can see your domain secureiam is hosted on one of our special shared server where PHP mail () function is left enabled by default. You should be able to send the emails without script modification if it was the same environment as the old server.

As I'm not aware of your old server environment, I cant comment as how there is difference in sender/host header information. If you can provide access to that old server then let me know. I will have a look and will try to make the same environment settings to get the script working without modification if any.

If you would like to prefer guaranteed email delivery and want to avoid deliver issues due to blacklisting then SMTP Authentication is strictly advised. We have been very serious about the sender's best practices and avoiding IP reputation issues as much as possible.
          Regards,
          Kieran A.
          Cloud Administrator

Comment

I was told to use smtp authentication so the emails would be sent from my email address rather than from the server.

but being having a play withthe smtp authentication and not got anything working,its a shame that I need to attempt modification of the script just to get it working as it used to , secureiam.co.uk is the domain.
            Hi!

I see that the scripts are sending email on behalf of the server, which you can change by passing a 5th parameter in the php's mail(). The "-f$from" parameter mentioned below makes the server send emails from scripts using the specified email address.
            PHP Code:
            mail($to$message$subject"From: $from""-f$from"); 
            You can check the official PHP mail() function documentation here for more information.

Also, ensure that the senders email address is present on the server, as some (mostly all nowadays) email providers will do a reverse callback to see if the mail server sending the email accepts email for an email address you are sending from. If it gets the "No Such User" response, it will fail to deliver the message.

I can have our PHP web developers to take a look into this first thing on Monday morning, if you want us to do that for you..

Comment

its interesting it states in the link you have provided about it giving the server username

The default envelope "from" address on unix depends on what sendmail implementation you are using. But typically it will be set to the username of the running process followed by "@" and the hostname of the machine. In a typical configuration this will look something like [email protected].

which is what I am getting. It then goes on about modifying the setup of certain files which I never touched. So as i read it its to do with the ay things are setup and that my -f address which worked previously on another server(not yours) worked ecuase of how the mail() was setup as trusted or something.

Not a major issue but would be nice to have it working like it was before moving to you!

Comment

bump

at one time this forum was buzzing with lots of hot tips to make the most of hosting

Comment

bump

at one time this forum was buzzing with lots of hot tips to make the most of hosting
                  I've sent you a PM Wayne.

Comment

never heard anything after I questioned that your guys had been in and had a look (saw an unrecognised ip and the addition of a file) when queried told they were looking at my issue, that was some time ago now.

Comment

are your team looking at this now?

just had some test messages recieved.

Comment

Hello Wayne,

Yes, we were looking into your email issue and were doing some testing with the contact form by sending test email.
                        We have created ticket [ JHL-106-28401 ] for you,and have shared email log, header and body that we noticed in our investigation.

Kindly go through them.
                        Brent
                        ||||

Comment

Working...
                        X