Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Embedding a Google map.

Hello
    I am thinking of using EUKHost, but I want to check that it is possible to embed a Google map into a webpage.

Thanks.

Re: Embedding a Google map.

Hi there

You should be able to embed a Google map into a webpage hosted with us. Which hosting package are you looking at?

Regards,
    Suzanne Jones.

Comment

Thanks for your response.
      - I was possibly thinking of the Basic/Shared Hosting plan.

Comment

Originally posted by toymaker1 View Post
        Thanks for your response.
        - I was possibly thinking of the Basic/Shared Hosting plan.
        How large you expect the site to be? Btw, why you were concerned about Google maps and the hosting? I am quite curious to know the reason.

Comment

It would not be a large site. Mainly for showing photgraphs, possibly embedded You tube videos. - I thought a map would be useful to show where I am located. I noticed that on Youtube, most website building companies have tutorials showing how to insert a google map widget into a site, but not EUKhost.

Comment

Well, then you can start with a shared hosting plan, but remember your hosting can expand as your business does.

And Google maps integration tutorial – hmm, I was also looking around eUKhost site for the same thing when you asked the question, but then I realized expecting such kind of tutorial on a web hosting company’s site is a little bit like walking into a pub and asking where can I get a Green Tea. Anyway, have you checked the following two URLs?

Comment

Originally posted by Irene9001 View Post
              Well, then you can start with a shared hosting plan, but remember your hosting can expand as your business does.

And Google maps integration tutorial – hmm, I was also looking around eUKhost site for the same thing when you asked the question, but then I realized expecting such kind of tutorial on a web hosting company’s site is a little bit like walking into a pub and asking where can I get a Green Tea. Anyway, have you checked the following two URLs?
              Thanks for that info.
              I am a bit surprised that you find it unusual for someone to expect such a facility from a web host company.
              For example, Weebly offer it - 'If you would like to include a map on your page to show a specific location, you can do so easily as Weebly has a built-in Google maps element that helps you do just that.' etc. etc. etc.
              Als, Wix offer it, - Wix Help Center say's - 'Share a location with your visitors using the Google Maps App. To add Google Maps: From the left side of the Editor, click the Add icon>click Apps>click Google Maps. Etc Ec. etc. ....

I was just wanting to find out if EUKHost offere a similar facility to0 their clients.

Comment

Our perspective about the service provider seems to be a bit different, you find it necessary, and I don’t. I hope someone from eUKhost team will share such kind of tutorial or facility with customers and forum members soon.

Comment

Working...
                X