No announcement yet.

Should I include a forum on my website?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I include a forum on my website?

There are some websites that I visited that have forums on them that are very active. I wish to have one too on my website. Has anyone tried having a forum on their blog and how do they find it? I think it is a great way to build a community in the niche that you are in.

Re: Should I include a forum on my website?

That is a fantastic idea! An active community would do wonders for a website as the search engines will know that there is a lot of new content being added all the time. This will make the site rank higher and it will receive a lot of organic traffic.

Comment

It is good if you have a large community gather on your website but from my experience there is too much spam these days. Getting rid of spam takes up a lot of time which you can spend on other productive purposes. I would say that you could skip it if you don't have too much time on your hands.

Comment

Thank you for all your valuable inputs! I have decided to focus on content for my site and not build a forum since it will take me away from creating content. Besides there is no guarantee that a forum will have good content because most of the forums I have seen in my niche have spammy posts.

Comment

Forums are always good. It makes people feel more welcome. They also like to interact with each other, which can be quite helpful if you can't be online 24/7.

Comment

first ever website was forums! 2006 Its brilliant bring people together posting Music videos and stuff!.
            very easy to setup & manage!.. VB & IPS & PHBB probably the best choice to go for, my personal choice VB it's so much you can do with all the mods

Comment

Originally posted by Jaque View Post
              It is good if you have a large community gather on your website but from my experience there is too much spam these days. Getting rid of spam takes up a lot of time which you can spend on other productive purposes. I would say that you could skip it if you don't have too much time on your hands.
              mean by spam automatic signups or just people spaming forums ?
              It's Loads different mods these days Control everything posting restrictions moderate posts makes life a lot easier

Comment

Originally posted by Zach View Post
                There are some websites that I visited that have forums on them that are very active. I wish to have one too on my website. Has anyone tried having a forum on their blog and how do they find it? I think it is a great way to build a community in the niche that you are in.
                Go into Cpanel be able Instill forum script!.click of a button Old days needed install it manually!..life's A lot easier now

Comment

Originally posted by Zach View Post
                  I forgot mention checked out phpfox.com it's been around for a few years very good social media platform!.

Comment

Definitely you should include forum in your website as it will drive more traffic and you will get more exposure!

Comment

I have a bad habit of scrolling right to the bottom to answer the initial question, so forgive me if this was already said. I would say do not include the blog on the website itself, but create a separate blog and have the blog link back to the website in order for you to build up backlinks for your site. You can include an icon for your blog the same way you would for your social media accounts, so that you can access all of these from the website itself, but all of these mediums also link back to your site, directing traffic back to the site.

Of course, a blog is itself a big undertaking and needs to have high-quality content and be updated regularly in order to be of any real use to your website. It is always a great idea I think, but it is worth mentioning that. You need to be dedicated enough to it and have the time set aside to make sure that it succeeds.

Comment

I would suggest you to go for Forum and keep its data separately.

Forums are always a great way to engage your audience on your website and let your brand reach to potential customer.

There are different modules you can prefer to install forums on your website, example vBulletin. Ready modules needs basic technical knowledge for installation, which you can learn from their forums also.

Good luck!

Comment

It is good if you have a large community collect on your website but from my experience there is too much spam these days. Getting rid of spam takes up lots of your time which you can spend on other effective purposes. I would say that you could miss it if you don't have too lots of your energy on your hands.

Comment

Discussion forums are a great way to attract more visitors to your website. It helps you retain those visitors and improve their websites' page rank. Discussions and forums also play an important role when your customers are at the very first stage of the customer buying cycle. Genuine, customer photos, videos, or comments will help them to research about your products and experiences when they first get to your website.

Comment

ban-img
                            Working...
                            X