Most suitable programming language for a beginner

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most suitable programming language for a beginner

what do the programmers think about which should be the best or a good language to learn first up for a beginner in programming?

Hi Peter,
    What do you think about GWBasic Programming Just kidding. I learned it in my school days. Hardly remember about it. 
    If you don’t know anything about programming and you want to learn as a beginner then go with MS Visual Basic. It comes free with MS-office package. Just to give a try, open any word or excel document and hit alt+f11. You will be in programming mode. Here can start with developing little macros, plug-ins etc. And believe me you will find it excitement, not boring at all. But you will need some patience to understand basics, Help will be useful to learn about, type of commands, syntaxes with example.
    Linux: because rebooting is for adding new hardware.
    ||
    || ||

Comment

It really depends on which field you want to grow in and gain expertise.
      Linux environment will require knowledge of C. Web designing will require HTML and PHP.
      It also completely depends upon how dedicated you are. One has to regularly put in efforts for minimum 10 years to become an expert in any field.This is proved by research.
      It really depends on your interest.
      Last edited by Danny M; 09-11-2006, 12:56.
      A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
      :yahoo: Join our Affiliate Program for FREE and earn 20% commission on each referral. || Follow Us on || Skype : eukdanny

Comment

As a beginner, first learn how to read a program using flowcharts. Understand how is the flow of any program what happens when certain condition arise and all related concepts.

IMO you should start with Pascal. It will help you to get basic programming sense. Then you should try your hands for 'C' and 'C++' then java and so on.....

No matter where you are going to use your skill, all languages are similar but each use its own syntax and flow.

The basic of any language is what logic you use to handle a certain task, you can learn any programming language in short period but you have to work hard for improving your programming logic.
        :hammering:

Comment

I would say Ruby is a good programming language to begin with. Ruby is a good introduction to OOP which is very important to get used to, and has similar enough syntax to other languages like Java, C, Python, etc which ensures that learning those languages wouldn't be too hard.
          Wordpress Hosting - Your Adventure, Your Story!
          Website Security Bundle - Great Value Security Solutions in value-for-money package!
          Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

Comment

I learnt in Java primarily and then C++ which I found to be harder as it was far less documented...the Java API is a godsend in comparison to trawling the net for good C++ documentation.

Someone told me that learning a programming language was a bit like learning an actual language, in that if you know how to speak already you've done half the work. My lecturer taught C++ but with a view to teaching you general concepts of programming such as loops, data types, variables, methods, classes, inheritance. His lecture notes are up at http://www.dcs.bbk.ac.uk/~roger/cpp/ and might be quite a good overview.

I like what I've seen from Ruby so far : )

Comment

A second vote for Pascal. Its simple enough to pick up, but powerful enough to keep your learning. Then move on to C/C++..
              Last edited by sprint66; 10-11-2006, 18:47.

Comment

First of all you should be familiar with programming logics and techniques.After this you can go for C and C++.I think this will be the best for anybody going for programming.According to me the first step for learning any type of programming is learning the C language and then the other ones.

Comment

According to me if someone is opting for programming, they should make their basics strong which makes them understand the logic and application of it which is very important in the long run. Even I will back Pascal but with Basic before it and then the C languages followed with different choices which depends on person to person of which path they are opting for.

Comment

I think... a begginner should first understand the flow charts and the should try the any basic language i would preffer C/C++ and if want to get hands on web technology then start with ASP.
                    Buy Pr5 Link for $5 only =>
                    Buy another Pr5 Link for $5 only =>
                    ||

Comment

And after that I should get a fake diploma for C++ programming or any other language I use because i do not have the necessary time to go to college.
                      Last edited by eUK.Ben; 28-02-2008, 19:18.

Comment

Originally posted by tiberiu View Post
                        And after that I should get a fake diploma for C++ programming or any other language I use because i do not have the necessary time to go to college.
                        A fake diploma? That's not right - even more so, I am sure its illegal. You won't fool anyone that easily, anyway. And don't advertise resources that promote that in your post (which I removed from your post).
                        Find us on Twitter and Facebook

Need to contact us?
                        Customer Support: Client Area - 0800 862 0380 (option 2)
                        Customer Relations: [email protected] - 0800 862 0380 (option 3)
                        Sales: [email protected] - 0800 862 0380 (option 1)

The opinions or views expressed above are not necessarily the opinions or views of eUKhost Ltd.

Comment

I'd say, as a professional developer, the best place to start is to download Visual Studio Express and learn to use C# or VB.NET.
                          www.armourarchive.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by TrevorL View Post
                            I'd say, as a professional developer, the best place to start is to download Visual Studio Express and learn to use C# or VB.NET.
                            Lol!! As anyone who is new to programming, they want to start with something less complex than VB.NET and the .NET range of languages... the easiest language to learn is PHP - and thats the only language I know, and it does exactly the same as .NET does, but doesn't use complex structures. C# won't be any person who just knows HTML will learn. Sorry to be harsh but that is the honest truth.
                            Find us on Twitter and Facebook

Need to contact us?
                            Customer Support: Client Area - 0800 862 0380 (option 2)
                            Customer Relations: [email protected] - 0800 862 0380 (option 3)
                            Sales: [email protected] - 0800 862 0380 (option 1)

The opinions or views expressed above are not necessarily the opinions or views of eUKhost Ltd.

Comment

LoL... I'm amazed.. not a single soul for PERL ??? I'd got 100% with the same & vote it as world's most Famous & Powerful & Simple language
                              Rock _a.k.a._ Jack Daniel

Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

Comment

ban-img
                              Working...
                              X