On many occasions, you might have noticed that users are running an unwanted or malicious applications on servers that they should not run at all.
To stop users from running such apps which are against your service policy you can configure WHM to kill background processes that are initiated by users on the dedicated servers.
If any of the users are running such a process then WHM will automatically detect it and kill the process even if the process is renamed and send you an email about the same.
Follow the given steps to configure WHM:
1. log in to WHM as the root user.
2. Go to the System Health option (See below)
3. Select the Background process Killer option
Here, you can check all the listed programs. WHM suggest that it is better to select all of these since many of them are related to IRC (Internet Relay Chat) which often leads to DDoS attacks.
4. If you want to add exceptions then you can add those in the box one per line. By default, WHM ignores root, MySQL, named, cPanel, and users with UIDs below 99 and need not be added to the exceptions again.
5. When you are done adding you can click on SAVE to configure the task in WHM. Here you’ll get a notification of the process.
The process is now set up. You have configured WHM to kill unwanted background processes.
Hope you liked our article and it was useful for you. For more details visit our KB section regularly.