This guide will explain to you how to use the command line to edit/create scheduled tasks for the system and root user.
You can also find out an article on how to use SSH to reboot a Linux server.
Follow the steps for the system user account:
- Connect to the server through SSH with the system user account.
- Execute the following command to open the crontab editor:
# crontab –e
Follow the steps for the root user account:
- Connect to the server through SSH with the root user account.
- To launch the crontab editor for a specific user, execute the following command:
# crontab -e -u oliver
Note: You can replace Oliver with the preferred username.
- Enter the cron task parameters using the syntax for cron files.
* * * * * /bin/echo “test” > /tmp/testfile
Hope it was beneficial to you. If you like our article, you will surely love our support.
For articles that are more similar do visit: