Many people prefer Magento for creating their online store, as Magento is ready to use the platform, and having technical knowledge to use it is not at all necessary. But all popular CMS’s often generate automated URLs for site pages, which may include numbers or special characters. So such URLs are hard to understand for readers and for search engines too. These URLs should be presented in a more understandable format.
Below are the steps for configuring SEO Settings in a Magento Store.
- Log into Magento
- Go to System >> Configuration.
- Click on “Web” option from the left navigation
- Then select “Search Engine Optimization” and Choose “Yes” for Use Web Server Rewrites
- Now click the “Save Config” in the right top.
- Check the confirmation note
Congratulations! You have enabled the SEO-Friendly URLs Successfully.
In conclusion, crafting SEO-friendly URLs in Magento is pivotal for improved visibility. Explore our SEO tools and strategies to enhance your website’s performance