WordPress is web software written in PHP language with open source software with easy customization of features which are use to create a beautiful website or blog. The WordPress is an open source software has been built by hundreds of community volunteers, with the flexibility to support thousands of plug-ins and themes available to transform your site into anything. WordPress started as just a blogging system, but has evolved to be used as full content management system and so much more through the thousands of plugins, widgets, and themes, WordPress is limited only by your imagination.
It is really easy to download and install a software script called WordPress on a web page hosting package but web host should have to meet the minimum requirements and a little time. The services included in the official website of WordPress lets you get started with a new and free WordPress based blog in minutes.
Now lets see some steps to Install wordpress themes :
1) First you have to Download the theme to your computer. It would be in zipped (.zip) file format.
2) Please extract the theme zip file. By default it will take the name of the folder to get extracted.
3) Now its time to upload that folder to “/home/username/public_html/<wordpress>/wp- content/themes” (you may use the upload facility provided in control panel or can use FTP)
4) Login in to WordPress and activate the theme from administrator side.
4.1] Login to word press admin area http://yourdomain.com/<wordpressdirectory>/wp-admin/
4.2] Go to Apprearance >> Themes
4.3] Here you will see your newly uploaded theme listed under “Available Themes”
4.4] Click on “Activate to apply” The theme will get installed.
5) Now check the WordPress URL of your domain in a browser.
6) Now you will see under the appearance only you will get the Active theme, were you can update the settings for the theme.