Types of redirect
There are two different types of redirect:
The 301 redirect indicates a permanent change. Search engines will recognise the redirect and re-index the site.
The 302 redirect is temporary which means that the old, or original page, stays indexed with search engines. A 302 redirect should not be a permanent solution because both pages continue to be indexed, affecting search rankings between the old and new pages.
ADDING A REDIRECT
- Click the Main Menu icon (1)
- Click Site settings (2)
- Click Redirects (3)
- Click Add a redirect or the + button (4)
- Add the name of the page that you want to redirect your visitors from
- Choose the page to send them to
- Create the redirect
- You will then be returned to the Redirects page, where you will see all of your currently active redirects