You can add an Outlook Mail on the Web account’s emails (and folders) easily in Mozilla Thunderbird. Even after you have set up Mozilla Thunderbird you can access the same account as the Outlook Mail on the web.
Below are the steps to setup an Outlook Mail on the Web in Mozilla Thunderbird using IMAP –
- Go to Mozilla Thunderbird menu and select Account Settings.
2. Next click on Account Actions.
3. Select Add Mail Account from the menu.
4. Type your name (name can be what you want to appear in the From: section) under Your Name:.
5. On the Web email address type your Outlook Mail (it should end in @outlook.com, live.com or hotmail.com) under Email Address:.
6. Enter the password for your Outlook.com under Password:.
a. In case of two-step authentication for your Outlook Mail on the Web account, create an application password specifically for Mozilla Thunderbird and use this.
7. Click Continue.
8. Check if Mozilla Thunderbird has applied the below settings:
- IMAP (remote folders)
- Incoming: IMAP, imap-mail.outlook.com, SSL
- Outgoing: SMTP, smtp-mail.outlook.com, STARTLES
- In case, Mozilla Thunderbird shows different or no automatic settings:
- Click on Manual Configuration
- Under Incoming:
- Ensure IMAP is selected.
- Enter “imap-mail.outlook.com” for Server
- Select “993” as the Port.
- Check if SSL/TLS is selected for SSL.
- Select Normal password for Authentication.
- Under Outlook:
- Enter “smtp-mail.outlook.com” for Server
- Select “587” as the Port.
- Check STARTTLS is selected for SSL.
- Now make sure Normal password is selected for Authentication.
- Click Done.
- Next Click on OK.