In this article, you’ll learn how to rename a database in phpMyAdmin using simple steps. The most recent version of phpMyAdmin allows you to modify the database’s name.
Keep in mind that if you alter the name of a database, you’ll need to update user permissions and any scripts that reference it.
Before You Get Started
For cPanel: If you want the same database user to have access to the renamed database, make a note of the database’s current username, which may or may not be similar to the current database’s name.
1. Log into “cPanel Account”
2. Look for “MySQL®Database” in the search and click it.
3. Scroll down the page to the “Current Databases section”.
Note:- Locate the database you’re about to rename and make a note of or recall the database user who has already been allocated to it.
4. Change the name of the “Database” by clicking on it. Select the “Remain Option”.
5. After clicking on the Rename, you’ll be redirected to a screen where you can choose a “New name”, Click the Proceed button after entering the new name.
When you press the continue button, you’ll notice that your old name has been replaced with a new one.
However, If the steps indicated in this article do not resolve your issue, please submit a support request and we will gladly investigate it.