Dedicated Server Hosting
Dedicated Server Hosting
With dedicated server hosting, you lease an entire server from eUKhost not shared with any other user. This is more flexible than shared hosting as being a sole user; you have full control over the server(s), including choice of operating system, hardware, software and applications you wish to install and use. In other words, dedicated server hosting implies choosing an entire web server on rent from eUKhost. This type of hosting is different from shared hosting, where multiple user accounts are hosted on the same server and they share the resources of the server jointly.
As a sole user, you can choose operating system, be it Linux or Windows or anything else and customize the configuration of the hardware as you may require. All eUKhost dedicated servers are managed servers and server administration is provided as a standard service.
Who can use Dedicated Server Hosting?
When the time comes to expand your web presence, you need more than just a server; you need a dedicated hosting solution.
As a user, you should select dedicated server hosting if your website requires custom server configuration or dedicated amount of server resource due to the high amount of traffic on it. When you rent an entire server, you have the freedom to customize the server as you want. Besides, the cost that you pay for dedicated server hosting ensures that you receive powerful, high-capacity servers along with full server management and 24x7 technical support, which is vital for business continuity. With fully managed servers, hardware upgrades, when you need it, are faster and can usually occur within hours.
Why eUKhost Dedicated Servers?
Our extensive range of managed dedicated servers includes value for money entry-level servers, mid range servers featuring Intel Quad Core Xeon and i7 processors and top end servers with up to 64 GB RAM, multiple cores and choice of SAS, SSD and SATA disks. We use high quality rack-mounted SuperMicro and Dell PowerEdge servers which offer a range of configurations to suit every need.
UK Data Centres: All servers are housed in our secure UK data centres with dedicated onsite engineers that operate 24x7.
24x7 Support: Get 24x7 Support through Email, Phone and Live Chat from our friendly, reliable and experienced support technicians.
Total Control: With eUKhost, you remain in complete control of your server with root/admin access as standard across our range of dedicated servers.
Network Speed: Each Dedicated Server is setup with a 100Mbit port as standard which is connected into Gigabit switches with a fully Gigabit network.
Server Security: We know how important the data is to our customers, hence we secure and monitor our infrastructure 24x7. Our data centres have been built with security as a top consideration.
Fully Managed Dedicated Server Features
- Enterprise Quality Hardware :
We only use top quality Dell and Supermicro server-grade equipment for our range of managed dedicated servers to ensure superior performance for mission critical websites & applications.
- Fully Managed Server :
Our entire range of dedicated servers is fully managed. Your server will be pro-actively managed and monitored 24x7 by our team of expert server administrators to ensure it is always online, up-to-date & performing as expected.
- 24x7 Uninterrupted Support :
With 24x7 support through Live Chat, Email and Phone included as standard with all servers, you can forget all worries about your server and only concentrate on growing your business.
- Parallels Plesk & cPanel /WHM control panel :
Host and manage multiple websites on your server quickly and easily with a choice of user friendly Plesk and cPanel/WHM control panels, available as addon for dedicated servers.
- Root SSH/RDP Access :
Get Root SSH/Administrator RDP access to Linux & Windows servers respectively and manage the server on your own if you like. Also install any applications or third party software of your choice.
- Up to 10 TB monthly bandwidth with 100Mbps connectivity :
Handle high volumes of website traffic easily with up to 10 TB monthly bandwidth on 100 Mbps connection. Unmetered bandwidth options of 10 Mbps, 100 Mbps and 1000 Mbps also available.
- UK Datacentres :
Gain peace of mind as our servers are housed in our secure Tier III and Tier IV datacentres in Maidenhead and Milton Keynes respectively with onsite engineers that operate 24x7.
|cPanel/WHM, Plesk (Optional)||Full Server Management|
|FTP and SSH Access||Remote Desktop (RDP)|
|Host Unlimited Sub Domains||Unlimited Parked Domains|
|Create Scheduled Tasks/Cronjobs||Password Protected Directories|
|Unlimited Email Accounts||Web Based Email Access|
|POP3 & SMTP Access||SpamAssassin Spam Filter|
|Create Mailing Lists||Unlimited Email Aliases|
|Email Forwarding||Auto Responders|
|MySQL 5.1.x||PHPMyAdmin Access|
|MS SQL 2005||MS SQL 2008|
|PHP 5, Perl 5||CGI, Fast CGI, SSI|
|Curl, CPAN||Apache mod_rewrite|
|GD Library, ImageMagick||MIME Types|
|Multimedia & Stats|
|Audio/Video Streaming Support||Flash & Macromedia Support|
|Windows Media Compatible||FFMpeg Support|
|AWStats, Urchin, Webalizer||Raw Log File Access|
|Infrastructure & Service|
|World Class UK Data Centre||Fully Redundant Facilities|
|Latest Intel Processors||Dell & SuperMicro Hardware|
|Redundant BGP Network||Premium Quality Bandwidth|
|24x7 Onsite Engineers||24x7 Customer Support|
- Control Panel :
Choose cPanel/WHM or Plesk control panel with your dedicated server as an addon. Host and manage multiple websites on your server quickly and effortlessly through a user friendly web based interface.
- Windows Operating System :
With Windows Dedicated Servers, you can choose between Windows 2008 Web Edition, Windows 2008 Standard Edition, Windows 2008 Enterprise Edition & Windows 2008 Datacenter Edition operating systems.
- RHEL :
Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) is a distribution of the Linux operating system developed for the business market. The performance, stability and security of RHEL make it the most preferred choice for business users across the world.
- MS SQL Server 2008 :
Our partnership with Microsoft enables us to offer cost-effective MS SQL database license options which include MS SQL 2005 Web, Standard and Enterprise editions as well as MS SQL 2008 Web, Standard and Enterprise editions.
- R1Soft CDP Offsite Backups :
Offsite backup solution based on R1Soft's Continuous Data Protection (CDP) provides near continuous data protection for all data. Flexible, on-demand plans offer affordable data protection and thereby let you have peace of mind knowing that your data is safe.
- Software Firewall + Anti Virus :
Symantec Endpoint Protection provides state-of-the-art defence against all types of attacks and seamlessly integrates the essential antivirus security tools needed into a single, high performance agent with a single management console.
- SpamExperts Spam Filter :
SpamExperts is a premium enterprise-grade spam scanning service from SpamExperts that uses spam definitions to identify and remove spam emails before they reach your inbox, so you can focus on what matters most and enjoy being simply Spam free!
- SmarterBundle :
We are giving away SmarterBundle Professional Edition FREE with all Windows Dedicated Servers worth $800 in value. SmarterBundle Professional edition consists of SmarterStats Pro 7.x for 50 websites, SmarterTrack Pro 7.x for 2 Agents and SmarterMail Pro 9.x for 250 Mailboxes.
- Mailenable :
MailEnable is a mail server with support for SMTP and POP3, unlimited email addresses, domains, groups and mailing lists. It comes with powerful relay control options, SMTP authentication, APOP authentication and several anti-spam measures. MailEnable Standard is a free version while Professional, Enterprise & Enterprise Premium are licensed versions.
- VMware :
VMware is an industry-leading virtualization platform for building cloud infrastructures. VMware vSphere can consolidate 15 or more virtual machines on a single physical server without sacrificing performance or throughput while VMware ESXi is a bare metal embedded hypervisor for guest virtual servers that run directly on a server without requiring an additional underlying operating system. VMware vSphere incurs a license cost while VMware ESXi is free.
- Microsoft Hyper-V :
Hyper-V in Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2 enables you to create a virtualized server computing environment. Each virtual machine is a virtualized system that operates in an isolated environment and allows you to run multiple operating systems simultaneously on one physical computer.
- Citrix XenServer :
XenServer is the enterprise-ready, cloud-proven virtualization platform that contains all the capabilities required to create and manage a virtual infrastructure. Besides the free edition of XenServer, the other licensed editions are Advanced, Enterprise and Platinum with variations in terms of features they offer.
- Oracle :
Oracle, the relational database management system supports both file based database system as well as client-server architecture. This dual feature enables the database to be highly scalable, without compromising on the performance quality. Oracle DB is found to be very stable and performing steadily even when thousands of users trigger different queries simultaneously.
Paid H/W Components
- Additional RAM :
Upgrade RAM on your dedicated server (if applicable) anytime to gain additional performance or improve performance of your existing configuration. Choose any of these upgrades (if applicable) during the order process or even later when your server is in use. We offer DDR2 and DDR3 RAM sticks and charges vary depending upon the upgrade.
- Additional HDDs :
Upgrade HDD on your dedicated server anytime (if applicable) to get additional storage space. Choose any of these upgrades (if applicable) during the order process or even later when your server is in use. We offer SATA and SAS disks with our server configurations and upgrades can be made up to 2 TB SATA and 450 GB SAS disks.
- RAID Controller Card :
Hardware RAID controllers provide the ability to create redundant drive arrays, thereby providing protection against a possible HDD failure and subsequent data loss. We offer RAID 1, RAID 5 and RAID 10 options with selected server configurations at an additional cost or as a standard feature.
- Cisco ASA Firewalls :
Cisco ASA 5500 Series Adaptive Security Appliances, or Cisco ASA 5500 Series, is Cisco's line of network security devices. Cisco ASA 5500 Series devices provide intelligent threat defence and highly secure communications services. We offer Cisco ASA 5505 and Cisco ASA 5510 hardware firewall as an optional feature with our dedicated servers.
- SAN Storage :
A SAN is a high speed network device with a primary purpose of transferring data between computer and storage systems. At eUKhost, we can offer a range of storage networking needs to cover the requirements of small, mid-sized businesses as well as large corporate.
- NAS Storage :
A NAS (Network Attached Storage) device is dedicated to nothing more than file sharing. Instead of a traditional way of connecting directly to an individual desktop or computer, NAS device connects to the wireless router effectively allowing multiple users from multiple computers to access and share the content and files stored on it.
- F5 GTM Load Balancer :
GTM Load Balancer device automatically routes connections to the closest or best-performing data centre in the event of an outage, overload, or any other large-scale service disruption. The result is faster response times for users and optimal use of multiple data centres. F5 GTM network load balancer does all this automatically, seamlessly, and unnoticeably by directing users to a secondary data centre.
- Apache Web Server :
Apache is an open-source web server platform, also renowned as the world's most popular web server. Its full range of features includes CGI, SSL, and virtual domains. Apache also supports plug-in modules for extensibility.
- IIS Web Server :
IIS is Microsoft's web server that runs on Windows NT platforms, giving Windows HTTP capability. With IIS, Microsoft has bundled a set of programs which include one for for building and administering Web sites, a search engine, and support for writing Web-based applications that access databases.
- MySQL :
MySQL is a fast, reliable and flexible open source Relational Database Management System. A MySQL database allows you to create a relational database structure on a web-server in order to store data or automate procedures. MySQL is open source and falls under the GNU General Public License (GPL).
- MS SQL Express :
MS SQL Express is a free edition of SQL Server which is ideally suited for developing and powering desktop, web and small server applications. SQL Server Express works great with any web application framework such as PHP, and popular applications such as Wordpress and Drupal. We offer MS SQL 2005 Express as well as MS SQL 2008 Express.
- ASP.NET :
- PHP :
PHP is a popular & widely used scripting language especially suited for web development and for producing dynamic web pages as it can be easily embedded into HTML. It is among the first server-side scripting languages that can be embedded into an HTML source document rather than calling an external file to process data. We support PHP 5.3.x version on our servers.
- Exim Mail Server :
Exim is a free SMTP server under the terms of the GNU General Public License and used on cPanel Unix based servers. It is basically a general and flexible mailer with extensive facilities for checking incoming e-mail. With Exim, a great deal of flexibility is available in the way mail can be routed.
- Sendmail :
Sendmail is one of the most popular UNIX-based implementation of the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) used for email transport over the Internet. The Open Source Sendmail is still supported and hundreds of new features and improvements have been made to the it including support for authentication, message filtering plug-ins (Milter), and external database lookups.
- Bind :
BIND is the most popular and widely used implementation of Domain Name System (DNS) protocols on the Internet. DNS protocols are part of the core Internet standards. They specify the process by which one computer can find another computer on the basis of its name.
- AWstats :
AWStats is a free, powerful and feature rich statistics tool that generates advanced web, streaming, ftp or mail server statistics in a graphical or tabular form. It displays information about who is accessing your website which is divided into monthly, daily, and hourly averages. AWstats log analyzer works as a CGI or from command line and shows all possible information your log contains.
- Webalizer :
Webalizer is web log analysis software capable of producing charts and graphs about who is visiting your website. It records yearly, monthly, daily and hourly usage statistics along with the ability to display usage by site, URL, referrer, user agent (browser), username, search strings, entry/exit pages and country.
Linux Dedicated Server Management Overview
At eUKhost we offer a full array of server management services with our dedicated servers executed by our team of specialised and experienced technicians. Server management includes installation and maintenance of standard software packages, security monitoring and technical support.
As soon as your server is setup, it will start to perform as per your requirements. The following is the list of tasks performed by our Linux Server Administrators on customer request to maintain their dedicated server and ensure it's security.
- Installation of mod_security with our own custom ruleset. This module consists of many different rules.
- The ruleset that we use blocks dangerous attempts to hack the server. Add an additional rule or disabling one is possible for us whenever needed as it consists of many rules.
- Compiled PHP version 4, 5 or 6 as per the requirements of the client.
- Installation of mod_evasive to prevent DDoS Attacks.
- PHP Security (disabling few php functions which can be used for php backdoor: "exec,system, passthru, readfile,shell_exec, escapeshellarg, escapeshellcmd, proc_close, proc_open, ini_alter ,dl, popen,parse_ini_file, show_source,curl_exec")
- PHP as SUPHP.
- open_basedir and mod_userdir restriction.
- Installation of Rootkithunter and configuring it to update and run itself on a daily basis - It will then send you a report if anything goes wrong.
- Repair or Re-installation of corrupt binaries.
- Installing and compiling the latest version of OpenSSL.
- Installing and compiling the latest version of OpenSSH and configuring it with the latest version of OpenSSL.
- Disabling Root access and enabling key based access as per the client request.
- Changing default SSH port, disabling SSH1 protocol and enabling SSH 2 protocol.
- Installing CSF/APF firewall (latest version) and configuring the firewall to accept only incoming/outgoing connections on ports that are needed on a cPanel system.
- Disabling port 22 (default SSH port).
- Brute Force Detection setup and configuration with the firewall.
- Linux socket monitor setup - This will send you an alert whenever a new port is opened on the server.
- Installing System Integrity Monitor to monitor the following services
- Server load
- The System will automatically try to fix any problems which may arise such as big log files that would automatically get recycled. If the system is not able to fix the problem itself it will send a notification to our support department.
- Mounting /tmp partition with noexec permissions so that no files on these partitions can be executed.
- Disabling compilers for all users but root.
- Sysctl.conf hardening to make it much harder to get attacked by syn floods.
- Open basedir protection setup.
- Installing chkrootkit and configuring it to send daily report to our support department.
- Disabling Ftp access for the default cPanel users.
- Password Policy - Password utilizing at least 8 characters including alphanumeric and grammatical symbols is recommended.
- Installing & Configuring Malware Detect Software and ClamV Scanner
- Realtime FTP scanner applicable for pure FTP.
- Installing Zend Optimizer.
- Tweak Apache configuration.
- Recompile Apache with commonly used Apache and PHP modules.
- Installing/updating Libsafe.
DNS recursion restriction
Windows Dedicated Server Management Overview
At eUKhost we offer a full array of server management services with our dedicated servers executed by a team of specialised technicians. Server management includes installation and maintenance of standard software packages, IIS Web Server, MsSQL Server, MailEnable / SmarterMail Server Configuration, security monitoring, Management and technical support.
As soon as your server is setup, it will start to perform as per your requirements. The following is the list of tasks performed by our Windows Server Administrators on customer request to maintain their dedicated server and ensure it's security.
Review Audit logs
- Check application log for warning and error messages for service startup errors, application or database errors and unauthorized application installs.
- Check security log for warning and error messages for invalid logons, unauthorized user creating, opening or deleting files.
- Check system log for warning and error messages for hardware and network failures.
- Check web/database/application logs for warning and error messages.
- Check directory services log on domain controllers.
Perform/verify daily backup
- Run and/or verify that a successful backup of system and data files has completed.
- Verify backups are being shipped to Off-Site and disastory recovery locations.
Track/monitor system performance and activity
- Check for memory usage.
- Check for system paging.
- Check CPU usage.
- Check all drives for adequate free space.
- Take appropriate action as specified by site's Standard Operating Procedures.
Physical checks of system
- Visually check the equipment for amber lights, alarms, etc.
- Take appropriate action as specified by Standard Operating Procedures.
Update Anti-Virus signature file & do the other updates:
- Download and install current Anti-Virus signature files.
- Scan all hard-drives using current Anti-Virus signature files.
- Check vendor websites such as Microsoft, Sun, HP, Oracle, etc for new vulnerability information including patches and hotfixes.
Summary of security measures:
- Provide Physical Security for the machine.
- Schedule automatic windows updates.
- Use NTFS on all your partitions.
- Test & install Patches and Hotfixes.
- Use passwords on all user accounts.
- Disable unnecessary services.
- Apply OS upgrades and service packs.
- Schedule Downtime for Reboots.
- Create/maintain user and groups accounts.
- Set user and group security.
- Check user account passwords.
- Rename the Administrator Account to some different or consider creating a dummy Administrator account in place of the default one.
- Changing the default RDP port to something else.
- Disable network sharing & default shares.
- Disable dump file creation, which can cause leaking of sensitive information account passwords.
- Password security, turn on 'password complexity requirements' in Group Policy, so no weak passwords are setup for any accounts. Reset the passwords regularly for all the accounts.
- sDisable the default Guest account if found to be active.
- Configure IPsec Policies to restrict Administrative access to certain IP's.
- Use of URL Scan to protect Websites from Attack like XSS, Injection and other malicious activities.
- Do not allow any named pipes to be accessed anonymously.
- Configure User Rights to be as secure as possible.
- Configure Mail Server Security to avoid spamming and spoofing.
- Configure rDNS for Mails.
- Check Spamhaus, Barracuda, RBL and other anti-spam organization for IP blacklisting.
- Setting Spam Thresholds.
- Setting Hourly email Thresholds (not allowing more than 100 emails per hour).
- Setting Authentication for Relay.
- Allowing only server IP's for Relay.
- Monitoring email queue.
- Deleting Bad mails.
UK Data Centre
Provided by Simply Transit, we run a fully redundant BGP network consisting of two separate hardware vendors which provides redundancy not only in the network level, but also on the hardware level.
We operate two separate 10Gigabit networks, from both Extreme Networks and Foundry Networks at all locations. On top of this layer 2 network we operate two independent IP Transit networks (AS29550 and AS34920) which run from multiple Cisco Systems 7606-S RSP720 and 6509 SUP720 routers at multiple London facilities, offering true redundancy to each customer.
Connecting with multiple Tier 1 providers, as well the London Internet Exchange (LINX), we are the only provider able to offer IP services diverse of London, to any of our customers.
- 100% Cisco routers and switches
- 40Gb redundant fibre network
- Monitored 24/7/365
- VSS router configuration for hardware redundancy
- Multiple transit providers
- LINX 224 and 226 connections
All Servers deployed at the Datacentre include hardware replacement guarantee. In case of any hardware component failure, the hardware is immediately replaced.
Datacentre located inside its own secure compound, with 2.4 and 3 meter fencing and electric gate entry equipped & monitored round the clock with closed circuits. Strict access controls are implemented including surveillance cameras, finger-print as well as Keycard system in order to manage entries.
- Perimeter alarm system with beam detectors
- Monitored key card access
- 360° Recorded passive and active CCTV
- Electronically multi-gated entry point
Equal power distribution (60 watts per sq. ft.- 80 watts per sq. ft). Each cabinet 4' x 6' gets 110 volt, 20 amp circuits. The main power sums up to 480 volt, 3 phase.
In the unlikely event of a power outage from local power grid, all datacentres' power systems are designed to run uninterrupted with the help of Two 2000KW auto-switched power generators and centralized UPS systems. Generators are regularly tested & can be used in emergency event of extended utility power outages.
- Dedicated substation inside secure inner compound
- 2MVA of mains power
- Diesel generators with auto switchover
- Fast dedicated UPS for seamless power switching
Computerized Fully master-planned rise system / HVAC pipe system / Electrically monitored. HVAC (Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning) systems are N+1 redundant, ensuring that a duplicate system can immediately come online in the event of an HVAC system failure.
Fire Protection System
Wet Risers set in at every square position.FM-200 system is installed. The advanced fire protection system prevents fires from spreading in the unlikely event one should occur.
- 450mm heavy duty raised data flooring
- Redundant N+1 parallel UPS system
- Close control downflow air conditioning units @ N+1
- Own 5mW on-site sub-station
- 2.5mW backup on-site sub-station
- Fire detection and gas suppression system
- Perkins generator connected via ATS systems
- 2 Separate fibre duct points into the building
- PAC security access system
- 24/7 recorded CCTV on every rack aisle and all entrances
- Multiple fibre routes out of the building, diversely routed
- N+1 Airedale Air Handling system
- ~20c +/- 2c data floor temperature
- 16 Amp feed per equipment rack
- Cat6 shielded structured cabling
- 24x7 secure entry via PAC-TAG system, with 4 layer entry
- 24x7 qualified engineers available for remote hands service
eUKhost.com delivers the ultimate solution for all your dedicated server hosting needs. Whether you need to host multiple files, websites or database intensive SQL Server applications, we have Dedicated servers to match your needs. Our packages are customisable and we continually upgrade our hardware to deliver you the very latest in server based technology.
Our UK based servers are located in a secure tier 4 datacentre and are monitored 24x7 by experienced technicians. The datacentre is temperature controlled to ensure that your private server is always running at optimum levels. All of our servers are purchased and configured with reliability and performance in mind.
SmarterBundle Professional Edition Absolutely FREE:
We are giving away SmarterBundle Professional Edition with all our Windows VPS plans, Hyper-V Cloud and Windows Dedicated Servers. SmarterBundle Professional edition consists of -
Dedicated Server Hardware - At eUKhost, we prefer only branded hardware from Dell & HP, so that you receive the fastest dedicated servers with genuine hardware. We endeavor to provide affordable, cheap dedicated server hosting and exceptional quality that does not cost the earth.
We offer monthly, quarterly and annual contract periods on all servers with 24x7x365 e-mail, live chat and phone support included as standard. A choice of operating system software is available, along with our popular unmetered bandwidth option.
We also offer customised Windows Load Balanced Servers, Linux Load Balanced Servers and Server Mirroring solutions at very economical prices. If you need a Linux server, Windows server, email server, file server, game server, database server, web server or a Microsoft SQL server, you can contact our sales department via our helpdesk or live chat.