In this tutorial, we’ll show you how to set up a database and a database user in Plesk.
1. Open Plesk and log in.
2. Select Databases from the menu.
3. Click Add Database to create a new database.
4. In the Database name field, type the database’s name.
3. Select a database server from the Database server dropdown menu.
4. From this option, choose a website to which the database should be assigned.
In the Database user name area, provide the name of the database user you want to create.
5. In the Password field, type the password. Your password must be alphanumeric, which means it must contain a mix of upper and lower-case letters, digits, and special characters.
6. In the Confirm password field, use the same password.
7. Select Generate if you want to use an auto-generated password. The random password is automatically filled in the Password and Confirm Password sections.
8. Select Show to see the password.
9. This password should be copied and pasted into a notepad file for future reference.
10. Hide the password if you wish to keep it hidden.
11. Select this checkbox if you wish to provide this user access to all databases created under this subscription.
12. You can authorize the user to access the database using these settings in the Access control area.
13. This option allows you to exclusively use local connections to access the database.
14. This option is enabled by default, and it allows you to connect to the database remotely from any host
15. Select this option if you wish to allow remote connections from specified IP addresses or domain names
16. Here, we have selected the default option
17. Click OK to establish a database and database user.
18. You will receive a message congratulating you on your accomplishment.
19. User Management is where you’ll find your new database user.
20. You can update the username’s settings at any moment by clicking on it.
In Plesk, this is how you set up a Database and Database User.
Get a pre-secured, pre-optimised website with the Hosting difference today.