This guide will help you in knowing how manual component integration, update, and installation are supported by Plesk.
The following steps must be taken if Plesk is already installed and you wish to install an application package or update that you bought from a software salesperson:
- Upload the package to the Plesk-managed server and launch the installation application for it, or, if applicable, according to the vendor’s installation guidelines.
- Integrate the application with Plesk to finish installing or updating the component:
1. Log in to Plesk.
2. On the left-hand side of the screen, click “Tools & Settings”.
3. Click on the “Server Components” sub-option under the “Server Management” option.
4. The previously registered Plesk components are listed on the screen.
5. Under “Tools”, select Refresh.
Note: The registered Plesk components list is updated. The entry for the integrated component appears in the list.
- To ensure the detection of installed components, one can also use the following command line:
“%plesk_bin%\defpackagemng.exe” –get –force
- To achieve effective integration, you might further need to specify the application settings for some newly installed applications.
That’s it! Hope you liked our article. You can contact our support team at any challenging time if you run into any issues when doing this.