In this article, you will find how to set up a password-protected directory for a domain using Plesk. You can password protect directories and put some limitations on public access to your websites.
To password-protect directory for a domain using Plesk. Let us follow the steps:
1) Log in to Plesk.
2) Select the “Websites & Domains” option.
3) Select the Domain.
4) Click on the “Password Protected Directories” sub-option.
5) Click on the “Add protected Directory” icon.
6) Enter the “Directory Name”.
7) Enter the “Title of the protected area”.
8) Click on the “Ok” button.
9) You will get a success message.
10) You will find the list of the directories as shown below.
11) Click on the recently added directory.
12) You will be directed to a new page. Under the “Tools” heading, click on the “Add a User” option.
13) Enter the “Username” as shown below.
14) Enter the “Password” and confirm the password again.
14) Click on the “Ok” button.
15) You will receive a success message.
This way you can set up a password protected directory for a domain using Plesk. For any problem contact our support staff at any moment. Also, take a glance at eukhost latest web hosting plans.