This article will help you understand how to update the plugin manually via FTP. Sometimes, you cannot directly update the plugin from WordPress. In such a situation, you can make use of the Geeky method i.e. using FTP.
Let us follow the steps:
- Download and unzip the plugin you wish to install on your WordPress site.
- Access your FTP account using FileZilla or a similar program.
- Navigate to the wp-content/plugins directory.
- Upload the plugin to the directory.
- After the upload is complete, activate the newly updated plugin in your WordPress dashboard.
Make a note- Ensure that the uploaded folder includes all sub-files and not just another folder.
This concludes our article! Hope you grasped everything well. You can also add new FTP accounts in Plesk. However, if you still find any difficulty, get in touch with our support team.