The phpMyAdmin option can be used to back up all databases on a server with limited MySQL disk usage. It has the added benefit of helping you download database backups from the server itself.
Before starting, it is useful to Check the size of your MySQL database to manage space effectively and plan your backups wisely.
Follow these steps:
- Log in to WHM as the root user.
- Once you have logged in, you can see a search icon. A drop-down list will be displayed on your screen when you search for SQL Services. Select phpMyAdmin.
- This screen will appear after you enter phpMyAdmin.
- Select the database(s) you want to backup.
- Click on the individual database that you want to backup.
- To back up all databases select nothing
- Click on the Export button.
Note: You will be unable to back up MySQL system tables using this process. Instead, select the MySQL database in phpMyAdmin, and then Export to generate a backup. phpMyAdmin can also export in several other formats along with various customizations. Ensure that an uncompressed backup is generated by the default settings using the .sql extension.
- Select SQL in the Format section.
- Click on Go.
In this way, you can take MySQL backups with phpMyAdmin.