It is possible to change the primary domain name of any cPanel account through WHM. Users of VPS, reseller or dedicated hosting will benefit from this article.
Note:- Please be aware of the changes that occur if you change the primary domain name of your cPanel account.
- After erasing the prior domain’s DNS records, it will set the DNS records for the new domain to default values. As a result, you’ll need to use Zone Editor to re-insert the non-default DNS records.
- To correspond to the new domain, you must change your email address and username.
- Some of the material on the website will not load or display. In this scenario, contact your developer and get your website’s hard links updated.
- If SSL certification was issued to the primary domain, you will need to reapply for the certificate for the new domain.
How to Change a cPanel Account’s Primary Domain Name:
- Log into your “WHM account.”
- Click on, “Select List Accounts.”
- To change a domain, click the “+” button” next to it.
- Click the “Modify Account” button.
- In the Primary Domain area, type the “New domain name.”
Warning: We do not recommend making any modifications to the Username field. Changing the username will break the database connection, resulting in site code and configuration issues.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and “Press the Save button.”
Note:- You can create an alias in the form of a subdomain or addon domain while keeping the credentials of the previous domain. It will act as a stopgap until you make the necessary changes to the new domain name.
So, you’ve successfully changed the primary domain name of your cPanel account. If you are still facing any difficulty in the procedure mentioned above, feel free to reach out to the eukhost team for proactive support 24×7.