This guide will explain how to use WHM to add an A entry for your hostname. Your server’s DNS zone files contain an A entry, also known as an A record or an address record. The A entry maps a hostname or domain to an IP address, making it possible for other computers to locate your server on the internet.
For things to work, the server’s hostname must have an A entry. Follow the below steps:
1. Log in to WHM.
2. Select the “DNS Function” section.
3. Click on the “Add an A Entry for your Hostname” option.
4. You will enter into a new interface.
5. Check the IP address here to see if it is acceptable to be used as a Hostname.
6. Click on the “Add entry” button.
7. You will get a message as shown below.
I hope now you can use WHM to add an A entry for your hostname. The server’s hostname must have an A entry for things to operate. Contact eukhost 24×7 support team for any queries.