This guide explains how to create a new .htaccess file using cPanel’s file manager. “.htaccess” files, also known as “distributed configuration files,” offer a method of making configuration changes on a single directory basis. One or more configuration directives are placed in a document directory, and the directives apply to all subdirectories within that directory.
Let’s go over how to make a new .htaccess file:
- Log in to cPanel.
- Select the “Files” category and click on the “File Manager” sub-option.
- You will enter the file manager interface.
- Click on the “+File” option from the left-hand side of the screen.
- A small window will open up; enter the file name as “.htaccess” and the directory where you wish to keep the new file.
- Click on the “Create New File” selection.
You can now create a new .htaccess file in cPanel in this manner. Our support will surely appeal to you if you liked our article. We also offer new web hosting plans, so be sure to check them out.