The following article explains that the MySQL® 8 is compatible with cPanel & WHM version 88. During installation, the default version is MySQL® 5.7. This information will help in installing new cPanel & WHM that uses MySQL® 8.
Let’s see the Procedure:
1. Before installing, cPanel and WHM will need to know that you want MySQL® 8. You will need to create a directory in the /root/ folder named cPanel profile.
2. Make a directory using this command in SSH:
3. A file named cpanel.config will need to exist within /root/cpanel_profile that specifies the custom MySQL® version.
4. The full path to this file will be:
5. Add the following line to the file to configure the cPanel & WHM installation to use the specified MySQL® version:
6. You can quickly create this file and add the required line using this command:
echo “mysql-version=8.0″ > /root/cpanel_profile/cpanel.config
7. Once this is complete, you can run the cPanel installation with the following command:
cd /home && curl -o latest -L https://securedownloads.cpanel.net/latest && sh latest
Note: Information regarding installation customization is available in installation guide.
In this manner, you can enable the MySQL® 8 new installations. For more assistance you can contact our support experts anytime. And don’t forget to check our Web hosting plans today.