In this article, we have explained how the WordPress plugin development workflow is.
Follow the steps:
- Generate your custom application. That is the plugin’s backend code.
- Develop the interfaces and additional files for your plugin.
- Craft an installation script responsible for registering your plugin with AppConfig and executing various necessary tasks.
- Generate the AppConfig configuration file for your plugin.
- Package your plugin’s files into a compressed format for distribution, preferably a tarball (.tar.gz) for simplicity in sharing.
- It is advisable to include the application source files, AppConfig configuration file, an upgrade script, and an installation script in the compressed file.
- Share your plugin. In cases of distribution across multiple servers, system administrators should undertake the following manual actions-
- Extract the contents of the plugin’s .tar.gz file.
- Execute the installation script.
This ends our guide! Hope you liked it. If you liked our article, you will surely love our support.