In this article, we will explain the process of generating an SSH Key on a Linux server using WHM.
“When generating an SSH Key, utilise the ‘ssh-keygen’ command in the command line interface. A few things will be asked of you in order to create a successful SSH Key.
Follow the steps outlined below to generate an SSH Key on a Linux server using WHM.
- Log into “WHM account.”
- Type “Terminal” from the search tool.
- Now, the following Code:-
- After entering the command above, press the Enter key. The output will be as follows:
Press Enter on your keyboard to proceed.
- Enter passphrase (empty for no passphrase): user password
- Enter the same passphrase again: user password
- Your identification has been saved in …
- Your public key has been saved in …
The displayed key fingerprint will resemble the one above. Enter a passphrase that you’ll be prompted for when connecting to your server via SSH. Choose a password that is easy for you to remember but challenging for others to guess.
In this way, you can create an SSH Key in a Linux server via WHM.