cPanel is counted as one of the most easy to understand and customized web hosting control panels in the hosting world. The GUI (Graphical User Interface) shows all the features when a user gets logged in with the appropriate Username and Password. cPanel hosting has numerous features which are used to manage the hosting resources of a client. cPanel is used for Uploading and managing web pages, and email accounts, for installing web-based applications like blogs, shopping carts, and forums, for taking Back up of a website, and for reviewing error logs.
Now let’s see some steps for creating a new FTP account in cPanel :
- Please use the appropriate Username and Password to log into your customer area. Once you complete the first step you will see cPanel and its different features like mail manager, Parked domains, Addon domains, FTP manager, File manager, Backup, Frontpage extension, and many more.
- Now to create a new FTP account click on FTP Manager. It will take you to a browser that includes FTP accounts, Anonymous FTP accounts, Anonymous FTP messages, FTP session control.
- Click on FTP accounts which lead you to control FTP account for your user or if your account has sub domain support you can add FTP account for your sub domain.
- Click on Add Account to create a new FTP account.
- Create a new Username and Password for your FTP account.
- During this cPanel will automatically create a subdirectory folder with the same name as the Username but you can change it if you want to.
- Once an account has been created you can change the password or delete it.
In summary, creating a new FTP account in cPanel is a simple process, offering seamless file management for enhanced website administration.