This guide explains how to change file extensions in Windows 10. A sequence of characters preceding a file name after the full stop indicates the file format.
Let us find out how to change the file extension in Windows 10 –
- Open Windows 10 file explorer.
- Select the file whose extension you intend to change.
- Click on the “View” option from the top of the screen and make sure the “File name extensions” box is checked.
- Right-click on the file name and click on the “Rename” button.
- Rename your file extension.
- It will ask you for confirmation as shown in the image given below. Click on “Yes”.
- You will find your file extension has changed along with the file symbol.
This is the easiest way of changing file extensions in Windows 10. Hope you liked our article. Do not forget to check our latest web hosting plans and do not miss our latest KBs.